As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pulse Detected-Away with knees on our neck
As a race, African Americans have been on a journey for centuries. I took a moment to think, after receiving so many messages from people wanting to understand our plight. This is the best explanation I can give.
Pulse Detected: Away with Knees on Our Neck
Step by step, day by day
We are marching towards a better way.
Holding our families just a little more
Because the current climate suggests impending war.
Life as we knew it, is a thing of the past.
The day of our redemption is approaching fast.
With struggles with fear for most of our lives
But I think at this moment we understand why.
The times that we felt that “fight or flight”
Was from all of the trauma and pain that we’d internalized.
The feeling of someone always out to do us harm
Living in exhaustion and our spirits are worn
I’ve never been so aware of the color of my skin
How beautiful and strong is the frame God placed me in.
This moment in time hasn’t caught us by surprise
Although many are feeling anger and tears fill their eyes.
We know we’ll be reproached for the raw fruit of our pain
And we know we may not see immediate change.
Our earnest desire is peace and unity
Lord, help us to be susceptible to love where we’ve built up immunity.
We no longer want to see our fathers, brothers and sons
Being hunted down as prey and killed with guns.
Our mothers, sisters and daughters alike
Should never be of lesser value than those who are white.
Let us be clear, We are apart of THE human race
Our significance and contribution are not up for debate.
Remembering those we lost we great honor and respect
Championing justice, away with knees on our neck .
How can you continue to do your part to continue supporting the #BLM movement?
DONATE: Minnesota Freedom Fund:
George Flyod Memorial Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd
National Bail Out: http://nationalbailout.org/
Black Visions Collective: https://www.blackvisionsmn.org/
Justice for Breonna: https://justiceforbreonna.org/
Black Lives Matter:
PETITIONS:Justice for George Floyd, Brianna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery: https://www.change.org/
Justice for Floyd: https://www.justiceforbigfloyd.com/#petition
TEXT YOUR SUPPORT:
Text FLOYD to 55-156
Text JUSTICE to 66-8336
Text ENOUGH to 55-165
EDUCATION:List curated by the New York Times
• White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk about Racism” by Robin DiAngelo
• “How to Be an Antiracist” by Ibram X. Kendi
• “Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do” by Jennifer L. Eberhardt
• “Raising White Kids” by Jennifer Harvey
• “So You Want to Talk About Race” by Ijeoma Oluo
• “Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption” by Bryan Stevenson
• “Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race” by Reni Eddo-Lodge
• “They Can’t Kill Us All: Ferguson, Baltimore, And A New Era In America’s Racial Justice Movement” by Wesley Lowery
• “Open Season: Legalized Genocide of Colored People” by Ben Crump
• “From Slavery To Freedom: A History of African-Americans” by John Hope Franklin
• “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness” by Michelle Alexander
Here are some Black Owned Businesses to Support:
Lauren Napier Beauty
The Honey Pot Co
Curl BoxMented Cosmetics
The Wrap Life
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.